Sunday, August 30, 2015

First Day in Italy





The first glimmer of sun.



Sunrise over Europe.
In the courtyard of the Monna Lisa Hotel.
Room #11
     I arrived at the Monna Lisa and they told me that there was a mix up with the rooms. Would I mind staying the first night in a single "economy" room, at E40 for that night, and the rest of my stay I would be upgraded to a Superior Double with a balcony. I agreed. Room #11 was the size of a closet, but I was out walking most of the time anyway. When I told Vincenzo, the hotel bartender what room I was in, he rolled his eyes and said, "Ah- the most beautiful room in Europe."
Latte Macchiato at the Firenze Biblioteca public with a view of the Duomo from the window.
I had a pizza con funghi for lunch.
Butter mixed with pesto and balsamic vinegar for my salt-less bread. 
     I had dinner at a really nice ristorante that I can't recall the name, but the food was wonderful.

Me at dinner with Prosecco.
     That was after a hard day walking and shopping all over Florence.

View from Room 46.
      The next day they moved me to my new room, which has a lovely view from the balcony into the gardens. I am actually typing this on the balcony where I get Wi-Fi, and drinking a Lemon Soda before bed.  Ahhh - Italy.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Looks like a great start to your trip!