Monday, September 14, 2009

Drawing the Costumed Figure

I'm starting a class on friday called "drawing the costumed figure". It's hard work to draw from a live model but it's worth it. I've found that just like writing, drawing improves with practice.  My goal is to develop a children's illustration portfolio over the course of the next few months. I have a portfolio of my prints online already, (see JanetLefleyArt.com), but it's mostly adult work mixed in with a smattering of children's illustrations. Frankly, it's a bit confusing. I'll seperate it into two catagories, adult and children's, on the advice of some illustrators that responded to a post I had put on Verla Kay. I'll be posting examples from my class here (if I think they're good enough) in the near future. Lots of work to do, but it's good to be working towards a goal.

No comments: